Pa-software community
Help, support and conversation
Welcome! ( login | register )

Forum » Search » Search Results

<< prev 1 next >>
Topic Forum Starter Posts Matches
Create ID3 Template to Apply to Brand New Recordings MP3 file problems derwardian 8 5
derwardian

Member Level

Group: Members

Many thanks to James Rae for the off-forum support.  I'm posting this here as a template for others.

I make recordings of sessions and create file names for client using the following format "Last, First - MMDDYYYY.mp3"

I wanted the Title of the track to be "Session Audio - MMDDYYYY" (with the date pulled from the filename)

Below is the working template on Windows 7 (x64) to accomplish this and set the tagged parameters that show up well in modern computers and mobile devices.

Instructions for beginner level people on a Windows machine...

1. copy and paste the code below into a new text file, and rename it to end with .bat instead of .txt, which will make it a batch file (program).
2. edit the code below wherever it says "My..." and fill in with whatever details you want script, and save your batch file. 
3. place your batch file, your cover art file, and the .mp3's to tag in the same folder.
4. double-click on the batch file to batch process all the .mp3's and tag them with your info.

Code:
REM Remember to set the directory to operate in the script below.

@echo off

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion

SET YEAR=%date:~-4%

FOR %%f in ("MyDirectory-like-C:\Users\x\Desktop\Testing\*.mp3") do (
SET TEMPFN=%%f
SET LASTNUMBER=!TEMPFN:~-10,6!

"C:\Program Files\Pa-software\Windows ID3 Editor\id3edcmd.exe" -ti "Session Audio - !LASTNUMBER!" -ar "MyArtist" -al "MyAlbum" -yr "%YEAR%" -gn "MyGenre" -co "MyComments" -cp "MyCopyrightBy" -or "MyOrchestra-Which-is-Shown-As-Artist-on-
Some-Devices" -ur "MyWebsiteAddress" -ir "MyCoverArtFileName.jpg" "%%f"
)

:END

Hope this helps someone or gives them someplace to start.

Post Icon Posted Aug 20, 2015, 8:28 pm
derwardian

Member Level

So, if I'm understanding correctly, you wouldn't be able to script it unless all filenames had the same number of characters.

For instance, "Smith, Joe - 150811.mp3" and "Smithenheiser, Josephine - 150811.mp3" would both pick up starting at a certain position, but not relative to the overall lengths which are different.

Is this correct?

It would be better then to have the filename (if possible) to begin with the part I want to extract. For instance "150811 - Smith, Joe.mp3" and start extraction from position zero, always, and take the first 6 characters or whatever.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Many thanks for the help.

Posted Aug 11, 2015, 6:38 pm
derwardian

Member Level

James,

How would I append the last 9 characters of filename to the end of the title, using the batch file?

As example:
filename = "Smith, Jim - 150806.mp3"
title = "Session Audio"

to yield title name of "Session Audio - 150806"

??

Posted Aug 6, 2015, 3:37 pm
derwardian

Member Level

Thanks, James! I will give this a shot.

Posted Jul 20, 2015, 6:29 pm
derwardian

Member Level

In Windows 7x64, I'm trying to utilize the command line from a batch file.

The intended result is that I can set up a template of some sort (which includes a pre-populated Title, Album, Year, URL, Copyright info, folder picture, etc.), and it will create tags on .MP3 recordings that I make.

I will usually have more than one recording at a time that I'd like to inject with these pre-populated tag fields.

How do I do this? I read a thread here that said you could provide assistance with scripting in this scenario.

Posted Jul 10, 2015, 2:34 pm
Command Line option for "Artist URL" MP3 file problems derwardian 2 1
derwardian

Member Level

In the help file, there is a list of options to set the various tags via command line.

In the GUI version, there is both "URL" and "Artist URL" (on the Extended tab).

It appears that the "URL" option is "-ur", but what is the option for "Artist URL"?

Posted Aug 17, 2015, 10:44 pm
<< prev 1 next >>