Pa-software community
Help, support and conversation
Welcome! ( login | register )

Forum » ID3 Editor » MP3 file problems » id3edcmd location string ques...

Pages: << prev 1 next >>
id3edcmd location string question
This member is currently offline neilmcgillivray

Member Level

Group: Members

Add neilmcgillivray to your buddy list Send an email to neilmcgillivray Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm trying to use id3edcmd with OS X 10.11.6

this code does not;

Code:
id3edcmd -en 'LAME 3.98' /Users/xxxx/Desktop/test/Disclosure - Feel Like I Do.mp3

this code does work;

Code:
id3edcmd -en 'LAME 3.98' /Users/xxxx/Desktop/test/Disclosure\ -\ Feel\ Like\ I\ Do.mp3

I'm trying to use id3edcmd with Hazel but it does not accept the escaped location.

I noticed in the previous post about bash, a non escaped location was being used.

Posted Aug 17, 2016, 12:59 pm Last edited Aug 17, 2016, 12:59 pm by neilmcgillivray
This member is currently offline markp

Member Level

Group: Moderators

Add markp to your buddy list Send an email to markp Send a personal messsage to markp Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Is there a reason not to put the path in quotes? As using escapes is very problematic in Unix scripts being a Mac only way of using paths with spaces.

For example:
Code:
id3edcmd -en "LAME 3.98" "/Users/xxxx/Desktop/test/Disclosure - Feel Like I Do.mp3"

Mark Peters
MCSA - DCSE

Posted Aug 17, 2016, 6:31 pm

Member Level

Add neilmcgillivray to your buddy list Send an email to neilmcgillivray Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

id3edcmd -en 'LAME 3.98' "/Users/xxxx/Desktop/test/Disclosure - Feel Like I Do.mp3"

In quotes, solves it nicely in Terminal.

The developer of Hazel suggested,

Code:
id3edcmd -en 'LAME 3.98' "$1"

But although it does not throw any error in Hazel, it does not trigger id3edcmd.

I've also tried;

Code:
id3edcmd -en 'LAME 3.98' "{$1}"

Also unsuccessful, unfortunately.

Posted Aug 21, 2016, 5:10 pm Last edited Aug 21, 2016, 5:59 pm by neilmcgillivray

Member Level

I've found the problem and solved it;

The shell location was in correct for Hazel, I adjusted it and everything is working properly now.

Code:
/bin/bash

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/id3edcmd -en 'LAME 3.98' "$1"

Again, thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Posted Aug 21, 2016, 6:03 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >>