Help, support and conversation
Welcome! ( login | register )

Forum » ID3 Editor » MP3 file problems » Importing Tag Data

Pages: << prev 1 next >>
Importing Tag Data, Example(s) wanted on how to import
This member is currently offline Martin Beney

Member Level

Group: Members

Add Martin Beney to your buddy list Send an email to Martin Beney Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi,
I want to use the ID3 Editor to set tags using a Windows Batch file.

The information I want to set is easy to define the problem I have is its not clear how to best achieve this.

Another questioner was told its best to run it from a script file. But should I run the editor for each field I want to set or is there an easy option where I can set the data up in a text file and import that data as a single set.

Some sort of example would be very useful.

Can the command line interface take an '@' file like some programs do? Or can it take input from the standand input (piping with <file.txt)?

Regards
Martin

Posted Mar 23, 2019, 5:51 pm Last edited Mar 23, 2019, 9:06 pm by Martin Beney
This member is currently offline jamesrae

Member Level

Group: Moderators

Add jamesrae to your buddy list Send an email to jamesrae Send a personal messsage to jamesrae Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi Martin,

You can set all the track fields at once by adding each of the fields using the appropriate argument e.g. -tr 01 -ti "a title" to set both the track number and the title.
If you are using a text file you will need to parse the file in the batch file and create the variables then pass these to the CLI. Although if you are using a default set of data, creating a tdf export and importing that would be easier.

If this is not helpful, could give me a specific example of use and I will do my best to offer a solution.

James Rae
Pa-software support

Posted Mar 25, 2019, 11:16 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >>